Smoothies have gained acceptance in the world of health. With the right mix of balanced nutrients, the smoothies ensure you are provided with a diet that ensures you remain healthy and fit. Post covid the search for foods that are good for the lungs has been the trend. With life going faster, cooking for a separate diet plan gets into your hair because who has time for donning the chef’s cap? The easy exit from the irritating cooking job is to have smoothies. Hence presenting to you smoothies recipes for breakfast. Save your time and energy while you ingest the goodness of vegetables and fruits. They let you have guilt-free indulgence because they are equally scrumptious and healthy.
Smoothies Recipes For Breakfast
As I am following the satvic lifestyle I have been trying smoothies for a while. We are providing you smoothies recipes for breakfast and also for the days when you are on a smoothie diet. You could have them as smoothies or juice them up depending on the time of the day you are trying to have them. Smoothies provide you with ample fibre while juices lack the fiber content. However the juice is what you have first thing in the morning, then it is better to avoid smoothies and stick to juices. Before we jump into the recipe let us address the most commonly asked question. Are smoothies good for you?
Benefits of smoothies
1. Saves time
When you are on a diet, it is difficult to cook all the fancy ‘so-called’ healthy diet which has ingredients that are not even appropriate for the Indian climate and seasons. If you are working or a parent with small children cooking something separately for you can be taxing. So just grind them up and gulp them down.
2. Aids digestion
As opposed to the juices smoothies are rich in fibre. The fibre content enhances the bowel movement thereby improving the digestion of food. If you make smoothies with almond milk or coconut water, it hydrates your body, flushes out the toxins, and regulates the body temperature.
3. Helps in weight loss
Smoothie diet can be incorporated by anyone in their diet. However, it has become the trend once the benefits of smoothies in weight loss have become known to laymen. Smoothies ensure you get the nutrients required without adding calories to your diet.
Smoothies are rich in nutrients. Since you are using multiple fruits and vegetables, the smoothies are rich in various nutrients. As you customise your smoothie the nutrients that you receive are varied.
4 Smoothies Recipes for breakfast – Begin your day with a bang
1. ABC Smoothie
- 1½ Apple
- 1½ Beetroot
- 3 Carrots
- 1 tsp Honey Optional
- 1 tsp Grater ginger Optional
- A pinch Salt Optional
- Peel and chop the apple, beetroot and carrot. Blend then in a mixer. Add honey and grated ginger and blend again. Add a pinch of salt. Your smoothie is ready. Transferit to a glass/mug and serve fresh.
2. Ashgourd Smoothie
- 1 Blender
- ½ Ashgourd
- 4-5 Soaked almonds
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Peel and chop the aashgourd and almonds. Blend then in a mixer. Add lemon juice and stir well. Your smoothie is ready. Transferit to a smoothie glass/mug and serve fresh.
3. Green smoothie
- 1 Blender
- 1 cup Spinach fresh and chopped
- ½ banana
- 1 mango cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup Almond milk
- 1 Orange
- Peel and chop the banana, mango and almonds. Chop the spinach. Blend them in a mixer. Add lemon juice and stir well. Your smoothie is ready. Transfer it to a smoothie glass/mug and serve fresh.
- Orange can be substituted with lemon juice. Likewise almond milk can be substituted with coconut water or coconut milk
4. Golden Glow Smoothie
Golden Glow Smoothie
- 1 Blender
- 1 Carrot grated
- 1 cup Orange/Musambi deseeded
- 1 Papaya chopped
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Ginger grated
- Peel, de-seed and chop the papaya and grate the carrot. Peel and de seed the orange.
- Blend them in a mixer along with turmeric powder and ginger. Your smoothie is ready. Transfer it to a smoothie glass/mug and serve fresh.
The smoothies recipes for breakfast can be customized as per the availability of fruits and vegetables. By consuming these you can ensure that your nutrient requirements are met while you make sure to lose weight in the process.
@rakhijayashankar The copyright of the content belongs to Rakhi Jayashankar and cannot be republished or repurposed without the express permission of the owner.